My college has this awesome one movie per week thing going on where they screen a movie every saturday in a huge amphitheatre that we call the OAT. And a little over a year ago, they were screening this movie called unbroken. I didn't know what it was about, I didnt know who was in it. I just saw the name Angelina Jolie in the mail and went 'cause I knew I wouldn't be disappointed if it was her and I really loved watching movies in the OAT.
It turned out to be one of the best movies I ever watched.
I didn’t really have many expectations seeing as I didn't know much about the plot. However the movie managed to disappoint me in the first couple of minutes when I realized that AJ was behind the movie not in it.
Anyway, that doesn’t matter now.
So the movie began 5 minutes before I left, or rather, I went in 5 minutes after
the movie had begun.
And it’s this story about a little guy who starts running and stuff and he’s in this army and it’s all during the world war...and I know my words are not making much sense here.....but it’s a movie and it’d take a book to explain a movie properly..so, yeah.
It’s just amazing how movies and books seem to have this effect on us. They inspire us. We can't help but mentally pull the character into a hug and console him/her when we see their trouble. Every step in the character’s life, somehow, becomes our own.
And this movie was no different. It pulled me in almost instantly and I could feel...the pain, the struggle, the desperation, the pride, the honor, the respect, the...the love.
Everything.
I was a war prisoner. I survived on sea for 17 days without food and water. I was Louie Zempire or whatever his name was, anyway :P
There were a few things that stood out. Stuck to my mind. It was, in it’s own way, a beautiful film. A film that showed you how every dark night ends with a dawn. And how the joy the dawn brings fills out every black spot left behind by darkness. It wasn’t about America or about Japan...It wasn’t about winning or loosing. It was about courage. Courage to just stand up, no matter how many times the world, or in this case, nature—japan, pushes you down.
If you can take it, you can make it, he said.
A moment of pain is worth a life long glory.
He said a lot of things and I took them in.
In the end, as Louie walked out of that plane as a free person and a respected soldier, I felt pride. Pride like he was my son or something. I can never explain why this seems to happen to me often, but I guess I don’t have to. Some things are just....like that J
In the end, what I want to say is, life is going to push you down..that’s what it does. It’s going to push you down, thrash you, punch you like you were its personal punching bag or something. But you've just got to stand strong. You’ve got to fight the best you can and hold on to yourself, your honor and your beliefs. It might take quite a while but when life’s respect is earned, everything will be so much better. It will be worth it.
And it’s this story about a little guy who starts running and stuff and he’s in this army and it’s all during the world war...and I know my words are not making much sense here.....but it’s a movie and it’d take a book to explain a movie properly..so, yeah.
It’s just amazing how movies and books seem to have this effect on us. They inspire us. We can't help but mentally pull the character into a hug and console him/her when we see their trouble. Every step in the character’s life, somehow, becomes our own.
And this movie was no different. It pulled me in almost instantly and I could feel...the pain, the struggle, the desperation, the pride, the honor, the respect, the...the love.
Everything.
I was a war prisoner. I survived on sea for 17 days without food and water. I was Louie Zempire or whatever his name was, anyway :P
There were a few things that stood out. Stuck to my mind. It was, in it’s own way, a beautiful film. A film that showed you how every dark night ends with a dawn. And how the joy the dawn brings fills out every black spot left behind by darkness. It wasn’t about America or about Japan...It wasn’t about winning or loosing. It was about courage. Courage to just stand up, no matter how many times the world, or in this case, nature—japan, pushes you down.
If you can take it, you can make it, he said.
A moment of pain is worth a life long glory.
He said a lot of things and I took them in.
In the end, as Louie walked out of that plane as a free person and a respected soldier, I felt pride. Pride like he was my son or something. I can never explain why this seems to happen to me often, but I guess I don’t have to. Some things are just....like that J
In the end, what I want to say is, life is going to push you down..that’s what it does. It’s going to push you down, thrash you, punch you like you were its personal punching bag or something. But you've just got to stand strong. You’ve got to fight the best you can and hold on to yourself, your honor and your beliefs. It might take quite a while but when life’s respect is earned, everything will be so much better. It will be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment